The department has well qualified and experienced faculty in the areas of Structural and Geotechnical Engineering. The department has been organizing various programs to enhance Institute-Industry linkage through field visits, workshops etc.
Every year students of third year are exposed to industry through internship programme of one month duration.
The department has 11 fully functional laboratories, which along with academic requirements also cater to Internal Revenue generation through testing and consultancy work.
These include Strength of Material, Concrete Technology, Building Construction, Transportation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Applied Mechanics, Engineering Geology, Environmental Engineering, Computer Aided Design Laboratory.
The computer aided design laboratory has software’s such as ETABS /SAP /AutoCAD/ Resist / MIDAS where students work on analysis, design and detailing of structures.
The total asset value amounts nearly to 40 Lakhs Rupees, which includes a 100T UTM (capable to testing steel for diameters up to 32 mm), 200T CTM, Core cutter for extraction in situ samples of concrete and Total station.
To be the Center of Excellence in Civil Engineering Education and Consultancy by providing holistic, innovative and research centric environment and keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies
- To impart quality education in civil engineering, through effectiveness and innovation in teaching and learning.
- To promote positive interactions among faculty and students and foster networking with alumni, industry and other stake holders.
- To train young minds in soft skills, intellectual and ethical strengths, conducive to globally competitive environment.
- To motivate students for research and entrepreneurship in relevant sectors of society with focus on excellence and creativity.
- To undertake sponsored research and provide consultancy services in all the areas of civil engineering beneficial to the community.